Tuesday, February 18, 2014

commentary no. 1

This is the first time I actually had to write something about a poet.  I really like music and poetry that has a subliminal message in which I can relate to and put it into real life perspective. I felt like Samurai Song relates to me because of the real life perspective that Robert Pinsky puts it in. In my interpretation of the poem, I believe that he is talking about life and how he faces his challenges.  Everything happens for a reason and certain things are put into place to make you see something that you have never experienced before. The way you respond to it is what makes you a person and shows your character. This relates directly to the title, when you think of a samurai you think of a person that will rise to any challenge no matter how slim the chances are.  I really like this poem because it relates to my thinking process and the way I respond to certain situations. Life is about growth and experiences and more of not where you've been or where you are going, but how you are actually living. It also shows connection with your inner being and your mindset. I think Pinsky is telling the readers that life is solely based on what you make out of it and you are your own mind and you have the power to use it. This poems gives a sense of fulfillment and enlightenment, it is also very optimistic which gives the reader a sense of freedom to make their own choices and determine the outcome of their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment